Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I just got you...


Something horrible happened today, and I am still in shock! I took Haddie in for her physical, and went through the normal routine of this yearly appointment...height, weight, blood pressure, the doctor sharing that their are early signs of puberty,

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!

Serious?

I didn't know whether to laugh or throw up. Would it be possible to do both?
The poor doctor...he tried to explain that this wasn't some medical phenomenon, but to me it was the first time I felt the blow of how fast Haddie will grow up. Not that all of my children aren't growing up fast, but she just got here. We just started this mama-daughter journey together, and today I wanted to scream at someone to hit the brakes.

I had always feared, before adopting, that I would miss the "early memories" if I didn't have a child from the moment of their first breath. Since adopting, I can honestly say, I don't think about what was missed, because nothing was. Not one memory that was intended for me to share with my child, not one divinely written thing, has been, or will be missed.

Today the reality set in, this journey with my daughter is going to hit some milestones way before I am ready. I was not ready for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment