Monday, April 16, 2012

Gaining a Godly perspective...when I am WEARY




DTC! You may wonder what exactly does that acronym mean? It means that, besides being extremely thankful, our adoption paperwork is on its way to China! In fact, today I went out to track the package of precious papers and found this on the DHL tracking site:

Friday, April 13, 2012LocationTime

Delivered - Signed for by : JIAO YANGBEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC14:23

Who says Friday the 13th is bad!!?? Oh...I could kiss JIAO YANG! At this moment I am considering a name change for Maggie...hmmm...Maggie Grace YANG!! ??

Proverbs 25:25

25 Like cold water to a weary soul
is good news from a distant land.





For some, you may not understand the whole process of adoption paperwork. Sometimes referred to as "paper pregnancy". God designed a woman's body to carry a child for an average of 38-40 weeks. I believe this is both physical and emotional. By that point a woman is spent! The physical and emotional exhaustion of the pregnancy has taken its toll.

On March 20th I hit the 40th week of my pregnancy with Maggie, and I nearly lost my mind. You see, the process for a special needs adoption from China can take about 9-12 months. Typically, at the 9 month point you have an idea of when travel will take place to meet your child. Well, we hit 9 months and our paperwork was still in process and the hope of travel was not looming in the air.

So the Lord swept in with His GRACE and reminded me of His TRUTH...

Psalm 33:4

4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
He is faithful in all He does.

Acts 17:26-28

26 From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.’

We are now approaching 10 months of waiting and I had never imagined our wait would find us here, with our papers just now arriving in the home country of our sweet girl. This journey has been LOADED with the the unexpected yet, I know that it was all a part of God's Devine plan!

Last week Joel and I were discussing Maggie. He asked me when we would likely travel to China to meet her. I explained to him that it could be as late as September, but I had a dream about travel plans for July 12th or 14th. Believing that this could be a dream given by God, I shared with him that I am hoping and praying for July.

At that point he looked at me and asked, "This July?"
To which I responded, "Yes."

"Mom, are you serious?" he said.

"Yes, Joel, we did think it would be sooner." I said with disappointment.

Then with amazement Joel said, "I thought it would take 2 years! I thought you were talking about next summer! That is so awesome!"

Can anyone say PERSPECTIVE? It is so true that our perspective changes everything.

Galatians 6:9


9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! Those are SWEET Letters to read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God...Thank You Jesus ! Woo Hoo. I know you thought that would never come. I'm so sick of being "pregnant"....I'm ready and I know you are too. Will be praying for a super fast LOA :) I love you my friend. I love how the Lord used our pregnancies in 2008 to bring to us together. He has an amazing plan for dear sweet Maggie's birth into your family. I can't wait to watch it unfold...blessings from my family to yours.

    ReplyDelete