Friday, March 29, 2013

Beautiful Redemption




Having some pre-surgery fun.
The lobbies here at Gillette Children's Hospital are full of fun things to do!



Maggie is beginning her leg of the journey today. She is back for surgery and will be in process for the next 6 hours. The thankfulness I have for this hospital is almost beyond words. This facility cares for children better than anything I have ever experienced. When we entered the surgical prep room, the decor was relaxing and inviting. This was after walking down a hallway of interactive art on the walls. Stepping inside the room, there was a new fleece blanket on Maggie's bed, and a name plate, identifying this bed just for her. They told her they had been waiting for her.








Each medical professional spoke directly to Maggie, making sure she was comfortable, and understanding exactly what would be taking place. Her gown had a built in heater, no joke, it was hooked up to a blower that was blew warm heat on her body. To me, I was thinking hot flash trauma, but for my little wisp of a girl, who was freezing, it was perfect!








After all the wonderful prep work, I changed into my scrubs and walked back into the operating room with my girl. She became a bit uneasy, and some tears trickled down her cheek, yet I was right there by her precious face. I took her little oxygen mask, coated with red raspberry lip smacker, so it smelled awesome, held it over her mouth and had her take deep breaths. She was out before the second full breath! I kissed her little face and left her in the hands of a very capable team, but ultimately in the hands of my God, the greatest Physician.

As I sit here alone in this quiet waiting room, it is thoughts of Him that fill my mind. This day is so much more than a day of reconstructing bones in little Maggie. Today is the day I remember the greatest work ever done on the cross of my Savior. My Rebuilder. My Great Physician.
I recently read this passage and it spoke deeply to me. Take the time to read it and think about the breath of life He has breathed into your dry, dead bones.
Ezekiel 37
The Valley of Dry Bones
The hand of the Lord was on me, and He brought me out by His Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me all around them. There were a great many of them on the surface of the valley, and they were very dry. 3 Then He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”
I replied, “Lord God, only You know.”
4 He said to me, “Prophesy concerning these bones and say to them: Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 This is what the Lord God says to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you will live. 6 I will put tendons on you, make flesh grow on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you so that you come to life. Then you will know that I am Yahweh.”
7 So I prophesied as I had been commanded. While I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 As I looked, tendons appeared on them, flesh grew, and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath,[a] prophesy, son of man. Say to it: This is what the Lord God says: Breath, come from the four winds and breathe into these slain so that they may live!” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me; the breath[b] entered them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, a vast army.
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Look how they say, ‘Our bones are dried up, and our hope has perished; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore, prophesy and say to them: This is what the Lord God says: I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them, My people, and lead you into the land of Israel. 13 You will know that I am Yahweh, My people, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I am Yahweh. I have spoken, and I will do it.” This is the declaration of the Lord.
He has given us life through His death, and through His resurrection will resurrect us all!
Oh how He loves us!
Now, if His Spirit is in you...LIVE!

2 comments:

  1. Love this passage too and love you! May God provide strength, comfort, endurance, patience and wisdom as you seek to love in a way not of yourself! Praying for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an appropriate passage for your day. I was inspired to write a lot when I was in waiting rooms too; I felt like I was right there with you Amy! God is the great healer. My Ethan is living proof of that and he's getting married soon. Stay strong sister, God's got your back.

    ReplyDelete